Saturday, August 13, 2011

One year home

      It's happened; I've been home from my mission a year today.  That's kind of a milestone.  When people ask you how long you have been home, you can say "oh, I've been home a year now".  That's a respectable amount.  I imagine that, especially when girls hear you say that, they think 'alright, he's been home long enough to get over that greeny RM stage and is now in full swing of things'.
       Everyone asks you "what is the number one thing you learned on your mission?"  I'd like to alter that question a little; "what is the number one thing that you have learned in your first year being back?"
       Considering that I have spend most of that year in school, living away from home, dating, being in and out of relationships, and trying to figure out the future, I am left with this axiom; accept nothing but your best.  Anything less is you being lazy.  I frankly want to shout at those who say "Cs get degrees".  I'd go one step further and say "your level of discipleship to Jesus Christ can be measured by your efforts to achieve success in all aspects of your life."  If you aren't trying your best in everything, you aren't taking full advantage of the life God has given you.
       Now obviously, there is room for imperfection, thank goodness.  The Lord can tolerate our imperfection if we live the principle of repentance.  But come now, you'll be happiest if you honestly try your best.  It's actually kind of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment