Sunday, February 19, 2012

Few quick experiences...

      Hello everyone, here are a few quick experiences that I wanted to share;
I'm currently the manager for the weekly show "Music Outlet" this semester.  Every Monday at eight thirty p.m I show up at the Crossroads stage and set things up, then from about nine to ten thirty I MC this show of different people playing original music; I love it, mostly because I have made so many great friends; Lorraine Ferriante, Kyson Kidd, Zack Morris, and other weekly players have become new friends of mine.  It's been such a great way to touch so many people in a simple way.
    I'm currently on Get Connected Council, and my gosh, it's been the capital of my semester.  It sounds cliche, but my experience with Get Connected has aroused feelings that I haven't felt since my mission; the hand of the Lord is in that program, and we see it everyday.  I love planning the trainings and activities and programs that we run, it's been such a blessing.
     I have been called to be the Family History Consultant for my ward, which has proven to be a wonderful calling; I have gotten more and more into family history, which has proven to be more exciting that I anticipated.  Now that I have my feet underneath me, I'm going to start training some of the folks in my ward, and later on have an indexing competition.  Fun stuff.
      No girlfriend yet, but hopefully that will change soon.
      All my classes have great percentages, except trigonometry; that will be the killer this semester.  I have some great excuses, but the point is that my wonderful track record since I have come home from my mission will have at least one definite scar this semester.
     All in all, I'm doing pretty darn well.  I have some of the greatest friends in the world, and am enjoying college more than ever.  I love you all so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment