Saturday, May 12, 2012

Let me tell you a story;
     Last semester was my first semester getting seriously involved at BYU-Idaho.  I served as a program manager for Get Connected Council, a branch of the Student Support program.  I also managed the show 'Music Outlet' during the semester, an open mic night every Monday after FHE.  In the end I was giving about 10 hours a week to the school.  It seems like a lot, but let me tell you, I feel like my life began last semester!  I enjoyed what I was doing immensely, it aroused in me some of the familiar feelings that accompanied my mission. 
       I have a testimony of getting involved.  It has enriched my experience here so much, and has given me so many wonderful experiences and opportunities.  As a result, I have seen a growing desire in me to get others involved.
      There are so many other students on campus that have merely a 'good' experience here at school, when there is so much potential for them to fully enjoy everything this school has to offer.  I have truly enjoyed fully investing myself in my experience here.  Now I find myself asking Heavenly Father questions like "how can I get my friends involved as well?"  And the coolest thing is, answers actually come!
      I hope that every student that comes here realizes how great an opportunity they have.  It's the greatest place ever!
      

No comments:

Post a Comment